Middle School Essays: Effective Research Topics
Argumentative essays focus on giving the target audience back up information regarding a specified topic of discussion. It has the same characteristics as a persuasive essay since it endeavors to give explanations regarding a side of the topic you are in support of. The difference between the two lies on the fact that argumentative essays do not allow the description of personal beliefs by the essay writer, while persuasive essays emphasize on this. While writing an argumentative essay, you are required to mention the side of the topic you feel supportive of. After doing this, provide an explanation using valid reasons why you support the side. Use the counter-arguments of your perspective to create your argument. This will help you convince the reader of the credibility and value of your point of view.
Several subjects are available which you may use to find a suitable approach to writing your middle school argumentative essay. As you try to pick a topic of discussion, have in mind the most interesting one you pick will give you better engagement to tackle it and write a quality paper. After you figure out the topic of discussion, provide a response to the query and back it up with at least four reasons that orient you to prefer that particular point of view. For example, put yourself in a situation that you have picked a topic from our list provided below. The topic states, “Is it an informed move for education institutions to sell fast food?” if you are against, begin your essay with “it is a uniformed move for school institutions to sell fast food to students” after this, explain to the audience using three points of argument that support your point of view.
Here are some samples questions that may help you craft your own topic to write about:
- Is it an informed choice for sports to be coeducational?
- Should education institutions sell fast foods?
- Do you find it a good idea for your school to launch a school magazine?
- Do children waste so much time watching TV programs?
- Is it prudent to give children chores?
- Do you support the notion to give children more pocket money?
- What age limit should be approved for one to be home alone?
- Should sports be made a compulsory school subject?
- Should school bullies be awarded more disciplinary action?
- Do you believe adolescent and preadolescent kids can safely stroll around shopping centers without a parent or guardian?
- Is it prudent to award less homework for students?
- Are middle school attendees above the age limit where bedtime is imposed?
- What alterations would you impose on the student’s lunch selection?
- Should the government create a law where seatbelt use is mandatory on a traveling bus?
- Should the children who are good in sports activities be encouraged to take sports as a school subject
- Should kids be more attentive of the foodstuffs they eat as a way of avoiding future health issues?
- Should students who attend school all year long receive more vacations as a way of enhancing the process of education?
- Are the behaviors children express come from the influence of playing action videogames or watching TV programs?
- Are there any valid reasons why summer school is of help to students?
- Should the students be awarded less homework?
You can choose any of the topics above for your argumentative essay. Each is structured to address a controversial perspective which engages the writer and reader to show their point of view. Moreover, you should explain each idea you have come up within the body paragraphs, and give reasons that support your point of view.