How to Write a Remarkable and Outstanding Scholarship Essay
Scholarship essay is far more challenging than a book review or a lab report, so it requires much devotion and efforts. If you want to enter a college of your dreams, to get a scholarship or become a part of an international program, you will surely find our article useful!
Continue reading and you will learn scholarship essays classification, its main features and all the underwater stones you may face. In case you are in a hurry and have no time for reading, just place an order and our professional writers will write an essay for you!
The Best Tips for Writing a Great Scholarship Essay
If you want to get the highest chances, the first and the most important advice is to follow every instruction the admission committee has. Keep in mind even the slightest details, such as number of words and required formatting style.
Every part of these instructions matters and influences your final score greatly. Our expert writers recommend reading guidelines as many times as necessary not to miss a single detail out!
For most of the academic assignments, placing a quote in the beginning can be a good start. However, it is completely different from a scholarship essay, because the admission officer wants to learn more about your own personality and words.
Always pay attention to the structure of your sentences. Don’t be Captain Obvious but still remain brief and stick to the main point.
Outline of a Scholarship Essay
As with any other written assignment, knowing how to structure a paper can be half of success. We offer you a great outline for almost any type of scholarship essay. Use it for your own paper and you will see how much easier the process will become!
In this section you should tell who you are, what your values are, tell something about your country of origin, parents and so on. You can also explain a major challenge you had to face and how you overcame it, becoming stronger and wiser.
List your goals, whether they are educational or career ones. Start with current goals. For example, why you want to enter the particular college and study the chosen field, and what your reasons to seek financial assistance are. Then proceed with more distant goals, like skills you are willing to obtain and how you want to use them to help the community.
When the body sections are ready, you need to summarize all of your ideas and once again explain why you want to get a grant and why you worth it.
An Outstanding Introduction for Your Scholarship Essay
The most important feature of creating a great scholarship essay is working hard on its introduction. Actually, it is the basic tool to catch and hold attention of the audience, so you need to work on the first paragraph really hard to impress the admission committee.
Take a pen before typing an essay on your computer and write down all the information you find useful within your research. This stage can include reading examples of scholarship essays, watching related movies or reading books. Organize ideas in terms of their importance and relevance.
A good idea is to start your introduction with a simple narration, conveying even the smallest details. For example, you can give a brief description of the best Thanksgiving with your family. Don’t include a quote, because it is too trivial. Here are some winning ideas for your hook sentence:
- A rhetorical question;
- Metaphor, simile or allegory;
- Anecdote or joke.
Another way to impress the board is to start introduction with a problem, which is widely discussed in the society. Such problems may include environmental issues, gun control, elections and much more.
If you are willing to become a journalist or a writer, your introduction should contain information on how your future field can deliver important messages to the society. Tell about the things you can contribute to the college and local community!
11 Simple Steps to Creating a Flawless Introduction
When you apply for an educational institution, you always have to do massive work, from brainstorming to filling in tones of various papers. Below are 11 simple steps, which will help you create a great scholarship essay.
- Make a powerful introduction to grab attention of the audience. Your goal is to make them want to go on reading. Compare the following examples:
- Interest in reading and completing college assignments is important for every student;
- In March 2014 I made the biggest mistake in my life.
Do you see the difference? While the first example is very impersonal and boring, the second makes the reader want to know more about the matter;
- If you are planning to enter several colleges, you don’t have to write different essays. Use the same one in different ways;
- Make sure you are interested in the topic, because it is impossible to deliver a great scholarship essay if you don’t like the subject;
- Think about your audience to decide what topic may be interesting and appealing;
- Your goal is to stand out from thousands of other works, so don’t be traditional or trivial. Remain creative and follow your own style to grab reader’s attention;
- Follow every instruction. If you doubt, read guidelines again and again until you understand them properly;
- Focus on the matter without adding any unnecessary details;
- Always add a thesis statement to your introduction;
- Once your scholarship essay is ready, check whether it has any spelling, grammar or punctuation mistakes. If you doubt, ask your friend or teacher for help. There are also multiple editing services available, which check texts for any mistakes;
- Plan your work well in advance. If you want to create a great essay, you shouldn’t be in a hurry;
- Avoid plagiarism. In case you want to copy information from books or websites, don’t forget to mention the source.
How a Great Scholarship Essay Conclusion Should Look Like
Many students think that conclusion is nothing but a summary of the whole work. However, it is also a chance to leave a positive impression and make the reader remember you.
Your conclusion should explain the board why you are a good candidate for obtaining a scholarship, so you don’t have the right for mistakes. Instead of copying your thesis, try to rewrite it in new and catchy words. Here are some examples, which may boost your imagination:
- ‘Hey, mom,’ I said,’ I am not coming back! I have found my place in the world and will stay in Rome to start writing. I am sorry if this decision hurts you but it’s my life.’
- ‘I entered the new office with confidence and tranquility.’
- The road was twisting and turning, showing me all the amazing colors of a warm Texas morning, proving that nature is alive.’
The best way to remain logical in your conclusion is to close the circle. This means if you started an essay with a specific topic, you should return to that question and answer it in your conclusion.
Now, when you know how to start and finish your scholarship essay, the only thing left is to get ready and decide what topic to choose!
Top 10 Ideas to Dwell on in a Great Scholarship Essay
You won’t be able to find a list of scholarship essay topics, because you can talk about literally anything depending on your goal, personality and educational institution you are willing to enter. The best way to succeed is to choose a topic based on your skills, experience and motivation. However, we have made a list of possible questions that may help if you have no ideas.
- Tell the story of your family to emphasize the importance of higher education within generations;
- The ways you got used to overcoming challenges, failures and mistakes;
- Things you like and why. These may be hobbies, movies, books, celebrities, etc.;
- How a certain event from the past inspired you to get education?
- What can be changed in your local community?
- Plans and goals for the future, which explain why you need support with covering the tuition fee;
- Current situation, which influences your personality;
- Personal financial needs;
- What affects who you are;
- Achievements you are proud of.
Get Professional Help
When you have completed your scholarship essay, it is the right time to read it carefully, revise the draft and eliminate all sorts of mistakes. But what if the deadline is approaching and you still don’t have a ready scholarship essay? If you want to simplify the process and make sure your essay is ready on time, the best advice will be to order it from professional writing services online. In such a way you will receive a great paper, which will impress the board and will make you much closer to the scholarship you are dreaming of!
Unfortunately, not many people find writing simple. If you spend hours sitting in front of a blank sheet of paper and thinking whether there is someone to do your work for you, you surely need assistance! No need to ask other students for help or drive to a distant office of a writing service: just turn on your PC and place an order any time and any place you are.
Professional writers know how to create an outstanding scholarship essay, a research paper or any other type of assignment. A quality and reputable writing company, such as Tutoriage, hires only professional tutors and writers, which means your scholarship essay will be flawless and all of your guidelines will be followed.
Do you lack time for a scholarship essay? Do you want to make sure your work has no mistakes? Do you think that your writing skills are not enough to express your ideas perfectly? If any of such questions arise, don’t hesitate to contact our specialists and we will complete your scholarship essay in a blink of an eye!